Litigation can be expensive and disruptive, so we assess cases early and often to reach the best resolution for our clients. We try cases successfully and are not timid about doing so, but we also understand the business impact of litigation and work to achieve negotiated resolutions rather than prolonged lawsuits that take a toll on your operations, break your budget, and jeopardize important relationships.
We have a deep bench of attorneys capable of handling hearings, arbitration and trials on the local, state, national and global level and negotiating settlement that make business sense. Our team has experience in a range of matters in virtually every industry, but we are particularly known for success serving clients in chemical and life sciences; family-owned businesses; financial services; government; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; higher education; retail, restaurant, hospitality, and food service; technology; and travel and leisure.
Managing Member Francine Griesing has over 35 years of experience handling high stakes litigation matters under intense public scrutiny including class actions, multi-district litigation, and government enforcement actions. She served as Litigation Chair for the City of Philadelphia Law Department, where she supervised 75 lawyers and attendant support staff in over 2,000 matters, including commercial litigation, employment, regulatory compliance, civil rights, personal injury, and property damage.
- Defended Fortune 100 company in multi-million dollar construction dispute involving numerous parties with complex inter-relationships.
- Won motion to dismiss in favor of major university in civil rights action.
- Defended major national retailer several product liability and premises liability actions.
- Successfully defended national banking institution in individual and class action cases involving mortgage recording and fair credit actions.
- Defended Fortune 100 telecommunications company in broad array of commercial and customer disputes.
- Prevailed on summary judgment and on appeal in favor of major pharmaceutical company in disability, race and national origin discrimination and retaliation case.
- Advised and defended several higher education institutions in claims arising out of Title IX investigations.
- Achieved favorable settlement for biotechnology client in high-stakes trade secret misappropriation litigation.
- Successfully represented a global online retailer in several matters arising out of alleged misrepresentations on its website as to price and source of goods.
- Represented founders of several privately held businesses in litigating and resolving partnership disputes.
- Successfully represented Fortune 100 retailer in multiple government regulatory and enforcement proceedings.
- Successfully defended RICO lawsuits seeking millions of dollars for purported “mail fraud” and “wire fraud” arising from regularly conducted business of the clients.
- Represented international wind-turbine manufacturer in a variety of legal actions across the country from defense of a personal injury suit arising from a worker’s electrical burns to a $100 million dispute over warranty claims.
- Represented independent sales representatives of an international manufacturer in an action against distributor over their right to use customer information to solicit sales for the manufacturer.