Kate Frenzinger is a Member in Griesing Law, LLC’s Employment practice group.
What do you focus on?
I am an experienced employment law and trial attorney with a background in big law, focused on bringing comprehensive, practical solutions to employers of all sizes.
Kate is a seasoned litigator and trial lawyer with over 15 years of experience representing clients in employment matters, complex commercial dispute resolution, and state and federal regulatory matters. Furthermore, Kate has extensive experience with whistle-blower and qui tam actions, restrictive covenants and unfair business practices, discrimination and retaliation claims, wrongful termination claims, partnership disputes, and business divorces. Kate also serves as outside general counsel to large corporations and institutions as well as small and mid-size entities where she provides advice on employment policies and practices, compliance with federal, state, and local employment statues and regulations, and conducts internal investigations. Moreover, she regularly advises clients and other practitioners regarding e-discovery issues and corporate document retention/destruction policies.
Kate’s diverse practice includes handling litigation in federal and state court, agency proceedings, mediation, arbitration, and appeals, including proceedings before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, state courts of appeal, and multiple petitions for certiorari to the Supreme Court of the United States. In addition, Kate has extensive experience managing e-discovery projects from developing preservation policies, budgeting, assessing proportionality, authoring review and coding protocols to managing reviewers to engaging in discovery-related motions. She relies on her discovery experience, as well as employment and litigation experience, to assist clients in developing corporate document management policies. Kate is included on the American Arbitration Association’s panel of arbitrators for employment matters.
Prior to joining Griesing Law, Kate was a founding partner of the Scottsdale, Arizona office of a Tucson-based law firm. She also practiced at large, international law firms and a boutique litigation firm where she focused on domestic and cross-broader commercial transactions and state and federal regulatory matters.
Kate has been recognized by Super Lawyers for her expertise in employment law. In addition, she frequently speaks and presents CLE on various employment-related topics. Kate received her J.D. from the Loyola Law School Los Angeles where she and graduated cum laude and received her B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles J.D, cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Copy Editor, Loyola of LA International & Comparative Law Review
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2012-2016
- Arizona – Labor & Employment
- Valley of the Sun YMCA Sky-Y
– Board of Directors. 2019-2021
Writing & Speaking
- "Making the Business Case for eDiscovery" - Speaker, Women in eDiscovery - Phoenix Chapter, April 2022
- "Federal Vaccine Mandates – What Multistate Employers Need To Know” – Presenter, December 2021
- “Beyond Email: Tips for Short Messages in E-Discovery” – Presenter, State Bar of Arizona Annual Convention, June 2021
- “Mean Bosses, Bullies, & Bias” – Presenter, NALS Monthly Meeting, October 2020
- “Paid Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act” – Presenter, RLL Client Webinar, April 2020
- “Arizona Employer Response to Covid-19 Pandemic” – Presenter, RLL Client Webinar, March 2020
- “Avoiding Wage & Hour Mistakes under Federal & State Law” – Presenter, ACC Meeting, August 2019
- “Protecting Employer IP, Reputation, & Office Culture without Violating Employee Speech Rights” – Presenter, ACC Meeting, May 2019
- “What’s E-Discovery? Electronic Evidence Discovery Bootcamp” – Presenter, State Bar of Arizona, May 2017
- “A Primer on Global Privacy” – Presenter, International Law Section, State Bar of Arizona Annual Convention, June 2015
- “Introduction to International Commercial Arbitration” – Presenter, Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Arizona, 2013