Jessica L. Mazzeo is a co-founder of Griesing Law, LLC and is the Firm’s Chief Operating Officer. She provides a critical leadership role in all aspects of the Firm, acting as a dedicated advocate for both staff and clients.
What do you focus on?
Jessica focuses on overseeing and implementing all of the Firm’s business operations while establishing policies that promote and retain the Firm’s culture and strategic vision. Her greatest responsibilities include leading and encouraging employees to reach their fullest potential, along with ensuring delivery of exemplary service to our clients and vendors.
What do you see on the horizon?
There has consistently been a struggle to have diversity and inclusion in the legal profession but in the last few years, corporate and governmental clients have been working hard to ensure that it reaches all areas of their businesses, including the legal department. For us, I see this as only a path to greater growth and collaboration with majority firms and other diverse owned firms. This joint venture will only help benefit and service our clients even more than we are doing so now.
Jessica began her legal career before graduating high school where she previously held such roles as receptionist, secretary and paralegal at local area firms, including firms listed on the Am Law 100 and 200.
Since the Firm’s inception, Jessica has been a driving force in making it a one of a kind law firm, locally and nationally, that focuses on a collaborative team approach and discourages internal competition that interferes with client service. Her marketing and business development efforts have helped the firm grow its initial client base of only a small handful of clients to now having over 500 clients handling over 1,100 matters for clients which include Fortune 500 companies, small and privately held business, non-profits and entrepreneurs. Jessica has been relentless in her pursuit of building business for the Firm and has a proven track record of effectively assisting Firm attorneys in converting prospective clients into actual clients and Jessica herself has been able to attract clients to the firm. Jessica is an alumni of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program, an intensive twelve week mini-MBA program designed to help entrepreneurs create jobs and economic opportunity by providing greater access to education, capital and business support services. She also completed the Leadership Now development series presented by the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce.
Jessica is Chair of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee of the Association of Legal Administrators (“ALA”), a non-profit organization with over 9,000 members across 30 countries. She is also currently on the Philadelphia Chapter’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee and previously served as the Vice President of Communications, Board Secretary and on its 40th Anniversary Committee and Technology Subcommittee. In addition, Jessica serves as a committee volunteer for the Women’s Business Enterprise Center (WBEC) East and devotes several hours a month to various needs of the organization. In September 2016, the organization awarded Jessica for her efforts by making her a recipient of its Shining Star Award.
Since 2010 when the Firm became a member of the organization, Jessica became actively involved in supporting the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (“NAMWOLF”), which is a non-profit trade organization dedicated to promoting diversity and fostering relationships between Fortune 500 companies and outside legal counsel. Jessica has traveled across the country as a staff volunteer for NAMWOLF since 2011 and served as Co-Chair of its Marketing Initiative from 2011-2013 as well as holding many other positions within the organization. As a staff volunteer, Jessica has served as a representative of the NAMWOLF team at the Women Business Enterprise National Council’s National Conference and Business Fair in Orlando, Philadelphia and Austin, to help support NAMWOLF in promoting the organization and its mission to the thousands of attendees.
Jessica played a significant role in the Firm receiving NAMWOLF’s 2013 Law Firm MVP Award which is given by in-house attorneys from Fortune 500 corporations to acknowledge the law firm that has done the most to advance the organization’s mission. This is a particularly notable accomplishment because in doing so she helped the Firm become just the second firm in the organization’s then 12 year history to receive this accolade and there are currently 138 member law firms across 37 states. The award recognizes her passion for the organization and its mission as evidenced by her efforts on its behalf.
- Widener University Delaware School of Law, J.D., anticipated May 2022
- Temple University Fox School of Business, B.B.A., Marketing
- Delaware County Community College, A.A.S., Business Management, Honors
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program, Philadelphia Cohort
- Leadership Now, Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce
- Legal Lean Sigma Institute, White Belt Certification, Legal Lean Sigma® and Project Management
- Zelda Herrmann Memorial Scholarship Recipient, 2020
– Awarded annually to a female Widener University Delaware Law School student, who has demonstrated excellence in scholarship, leadership and is likely to make a substantial pro bono contribution as a practicing attorney
- E. Wallace Chadwick Memorial Fund Scholarship Recipient, 2020
– Awarded annually by the Delaware County Bar Association to law students who were raised and reside in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, based on academic achievement and community service
- Rising Star Semifinalist, KYW Newsradio Women’s Achievement Awards, 2019
– Celebrated women under the age of 40 who are making a huge positive impact on the Philadelphia region
- Shining Star Award, Women Business Enterprise Council East, 2016
– Acknowledged as an individual or entity that is instrumental in the development of WBEC-East and whose voluntary support of and commitment to supplier development enhances opportunities for certified WBEs
- SmartCEO Brava! Executive Awards, 2015
– Recognized as one of 10 local women executives that is an exemplary leader within their organizations and their communities
- Paradigm Scholarship, Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, 2012
– Awarded annually to working women who are pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Association of Legal Administrators
– Chair, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, 2020-2021
– Executive Search Committee, 2020
– National Conference Session Manager, 2016-2018
- Association of Legal Administrators, Philadelphia Chapter
– Diversity and Inclusion Committee, 2018-2020
– Vice President of Communications, Board of Directors, 2016-2018
– Secretary, Board of Directors, 2015-2016
– Technology Subcommittee, 2015
– 40th Anniversary Celebration Committee, 2015
- National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms
– Staff Volunteer, 2012-2021
– Business Partner Ambassador, 2017
– Annual Meeting Host Committee, 2014
– Co-Chair, Marketing Initiative, 2011-2013
– Annual Meeting Entertainment Subcommittee, 2012
- The Carriages at Runnymeade Farms Community Association
– President, Board of Directors, 2020-2021
- Women’s Business Enterprise Center (WBEC) East
– Volunteer, 2014-2021
- National Association of Women Business Owners
– Mentor, Philadelphia Semi-Circle of Influence, 2018
- Philadelphia Community College Paralegal Program
– Mentor, 2011