Emily Griesing is the Marketing Manager at Griesing Law, LLC.
What do you focus on?
I am responsible for promoting the capabilities of the Firm and the team of attorneys through various marketing and business development efforts.
What do you see on the horizon?
I foresee firms making a shift toward a more innovative and comprehensive marketing approach. While referral networks and word of mouth referrals are still significant business generators, the days of relying solely on referrals are a thing of the past, even for Big Law. A diverse portfolio of marketing efforts, including utilizing social media, hosting and sponsoring events, engaging in speaking endeavors and promoting award nomination are critical to any firm’s business development plan. A name alone will not sustain a full book of business and it’s critical to view every touch point with you and your firm as an opportunity to grow your client base.
Emily serves as the strategic arm of the Firm, helping to build brand awareness, reputation and drive new business via speaking and writing engagements, RFP submissions, event partnerships and award nomination. Emily has organized and hosted several events through the Firm, serving as a moderator on two panel discussions on legal and business considerations for professionals in the arts and entertainment spaces. In addition, Emily implements the Firm’s digital marketing strategy by managing all aspects of our online presence including the website, social media accounts, WelcomeLaw newsletter and online publications.
Prior to joining the Firm, Emily was a Research Manager for two market research firms where she consulted Fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations on how to solve their business challenges and expand their offerings. Using both quantitative and qualitative research with target consumers, Emily provided detailed deliverables with actionable insights to address clients’ business objectives. She has experience working with clients in a wide range of industries including media and technology, consumer products and health and life sciences. As a result of those roles, Emily specializes in marketing to Millennial and Generation Z cohorts.
Outside of the Firm, Emily writes and speaks on topics related to marketing, corporate culture and entrepreneurship for legal and business outlets including The Legal Intelligencer, Philadelphia Business Journal and Strategies, the journal of the Legal Marketing Association (“LMA”). As a member of LMA’s Strategies Editorial Committee, Emily co-edited the November/December 2018 issue on health and wellness at law firms. She was also awarded a scholarship to attend LMA’s 2017 Annual Conference in Las Vegas on behalf of the Metropolitan Philadelphia Chapter and she later presented at LMA’s 2017 Northeast Regional Conference. Emily is also the recipient of Family Business Magazine’s NextGens to Watch, awarded to accomplished young people who represent the second through the sixth generations of family businesses. Lastly, Emily is an active member of the National Association of Women Business Owners, which propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social and political spheres of power worldwide.
- Barnard College, B.A., Psychology
- Legal Lean Sigma Institute, White Belt Certification, Legal Lean Sigma® and Project Management
- Family Business Magazine NextGens to Watch, 2020
– Highlighted exceptional successor-generation family members, age 35 and under, who are making a difference in their family business
- LMA Annual Conference Scholarship, Metropolitan Philadelphia Chapter, Legal Marketing Association, 2017
– Awarded to deserving LMA members who have not attended the National Conference
- Arizonans for Children
– Visitation Supervisor, 2021 – 2022
- The National Association of Women Business Owners
– Member, 2019 – 2020
- Legal Marketing Association
– Strategies Editorial Committee, 2018
– Member, 2017-2018
- Ellevate Network
– Member, 2018
- Athena Film Festival
– Volunteer, 2016; 2018
- Pennsylvania Conference for Women
– Volunteer, 2016-2017
- Junior League of Philadelphia
– Provisional Member, 2014-2015
- Young Involved Philadelphia
– Board Prep Program, 2014
Writing & Speaking
- "Pennsylvania Table Talk - The Ins & Outs of Building Your LinkedIn Presence Hybrid Event" - Presenter, Women Owned Law, June 2022
- "The 3 Es of a Law Firm's Value Proposition" - Author, Law Practice, March 2022
- "The Ins & Outs of Networking for Introverts" - Presenter, Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, February 2022
- "New Year, New Me: How to Build Your LinkedIn Presence in Law School & Beyond" - Presenter, Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, January 2022
- “Creating a Strategic Legal Marketing Plan for the Year Ahead” - Presenter, Lawline, December 2021
- “What Now? How to Take Charge of Your Career & Transition Effectively Post-Pandemic” – Co-Presenter, Women’s Chief Executive Officer Group, June 2021
- “How to Reach Your Target Clients: Going Beyond and Getting Ahead in Legal Marketing”– Author, Lawline, September 2020
- “How to Shift – and Grow – Your Legal Practice in an Economic Downturn” – Author, Lawline, June 2020
- “Optimizing Your Digital Strategy during COVID-19” – Panelist, PayPal & Small Business Roundtable, May 2020
- “How Do Businesses Position Themselves in Times of Uncertainty” – Author, The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, April 2020
- “Back to the Basics: Why Solo and Small Law Firms Need A Strong Digital Presence” – Author, Lawline, March 2020
- “Small Business & The Digital Economy” – Panelist, PayPal & The National Association of Women Business Owners – Los Angeles, May 2019
- “‘Started from the Bottom, Now We’re Here’: How to Build Your Marketing Foundation from the Ground Up” – Presenter, Women Owned Law – New York, April 2019
- “Leadership Under Fyre—What Law Firm Leaders Can Learn From the Infamous Music Festival” – Author, The Legal Intelligencer, February 2019
- “R-E-S-P-E-C-T: Getting Buy-In & Developing Successful Marketing Partnerships with Attorneys” – Co-Presenter, Legal Marketing Association Northeast Regional Conference – Philadelphia, November 2017
- “It Takes Two: The Attorney-Marketer Relationship” – Co-Author, The Legal Intelligencer, August 2017
- “Business Strategies for TV & Film Production” – Moderator, Griesing Law’s Entertainment Roundtable Series – New York, March 2017
- “Approaching Mediation From Another Vantage Point” – Co-Author, The Legal Intelligencer, January 2017
- “Rise of the Boomer Entrepreneur” – Co-Author, Philadelphia Business Journal, October 2016
- “Art Collecting 101: An Interactive Discussion” – Moderator, Stanek Gallery – Philadelphia, October 2016
- “Building a Workplace Today for Workers of Tomorrow” – Co-Author, The Legal Intelligencer, August 2016